Webinar: How to Manage Software Licenses as Part of a Comprehensive Business Plan
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Business Software Alliance (BSA) hosted a free Webinar for small businesses to discuss software license management.
Topics discussed included:
- How to manage software licenses as part of a comprehensive business plan;
- How to ensure that software is purchased from safe and legitimate vendors;
- How to manage and reduce software costs; and
- How to ensure that your business is not breaking copyright laws.
SMART ABOUT SOFTWARE: 2008 Software Strategies for Small Businesses
A Reference Guide for Achieving Software License Compliance
More copies available!
The Reference Guide for Achieving Software License Compliance is a free DVD that contains tools and tips for responsible software asset management that will enable small businesses to protect themselves from the legal, financial and technical consequences of using unlicensed software.
The DVD contains the following:
- 2008 Webinar hosted by the SBA and BSA;
- Best Practices for Software Compliance;
- Sample Software Policy for a Small Business;
- Sample Memorandum to Employees explaining the company’s software policy;
- Sample Software Needs Analysis Form;
- 10 Tips to protect your small business from Illegal software; and
- Guide to Software Management, which provides tools and tips for implementing a software asset management program.
If you would like a free copy of the DVD, please e-mail your name and mailing address to Janice.Laurente@dittus.com with the subject line “Request for Smart about Software DVD.”